Canada accepts approximately 250,000 immigrants from no less than 200 different ethnic groups into the country on an annual basis. For Indians looking to migrate to Canada, there are a number of considerations and processes that must be followed. That said, immigration to Canada is a streamlined process that is supported by exceptional government programs which benefit from clear instructions, swift communication and welcoming attitudes.
There are a number of routes that can be taken for immigration to Canada, with some of the most common including:
- Express Entry System– This system is a federal immigration to Canada program that is subject to a point based scheme. Applicants are required to create a profile that is submitted for review by IRCC (Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada). Once selected, applicants receive their ITA for Permanent Residency in Canada.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) – This point based program is ideal for skilled workers who want to migrate to Canada and are able to pass the minimum experience requirements. In order to be an eligible candidate for a Permanent Resident Visa, all Federal Skilled Worker applicants must be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time paid work experience in a skilled occupation within the previous 10 years, or;
- Applicants must meet the requirements for Arranged Employment In Canada with a Labour Market Impact Assessment. On top of this, they must have a permanent and full-time job offer from an employer in Canada; and
- Each applicant must meet a minimum level of language requirements in one of Canada’s two official languages which are English or French.
In addition, all Federal Skilled Worker applicants are required to obtain a minimum of 67 points based on Immigration,
- PNPs- (Provincial Nominee Programs) – PNPs are the various programs which are established and managed by various Canadian Provinces such as Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta.
Indians who want to migrate to Canada can be assured of one of the swiftest, non-invasive and professional processes, cemented by a warm welcome from a diverse and encouraging nation.